Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Driving day...

After admiring the breathtaking view at Crater Lake, we headed off to our next stop, which was really just a pit stop in Salem, Oregon. We were heading to what I would call the beach, but I guess here in Oregon they would say the coast. The best part of the day was definitely the drive, it was so pretty! I’m starting to think that anywhere you drive in Oregon is going to be something worth looking at. The big hit of the day came when we stopped at a spot the ranger from Crater Lake had recommended – Salt Creek Falls. We actually had some Oregonians tell us what a hidden gem it is…Salt Creek is the second highest falls in Oregon. What a gem!






We stayed at a really “nice” rv resort…I think we have a different idea of what a great camp site has. I’m a big fan of dirt & trees – with some bugs thrown in for good measure, but I think some rvers prefer a bit more paving and a patch of sod to give that feeling of nature! All in all it was a great day & we’re so excited to see our friends, Sean & Geri, and explore the coast!

No comments: