Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Beach bound



After our stop in Salem we were excited to see some sand & water! The kids were so excited about going to the beach, I was a little worried they'd be disappointed by the weather. I knew the weather at the Oregon coast wasn't going to be quite what my little Southern Californians would be used to, but we'd had such good luck so far I was hoping the weather would hold up. Madeline was so excited about beach combing and finding treasures that I was just keeping my fingers crossed that it wouldn't rain the whole time! When we arrived it was a glorious bright afternoon. The sun was gorgeous & there was only a little bit of wind. The kids had such a good time exploring & climbing on logs (another first for my little CA kids - drift wood!) that the oncoming clouds didn't faze them a bit! Our friends - Sean & Geri - arrived from Portland and we all spent some time enjoying the beach before dinner. We made a quick pot of pasta & spent the evening catching up & getting ready for our big day of crabbing tomorrow.





2 comments:

May Harris said...

Thank you SchaefferClan, for making me feel like I was with you on your grand adventure...

I got a bit of the guilts when I saw you all around your camp fire ("playing" in the fire, you said??) without the doo-hicky marshmallow roasters I promised to dig out of my camp box for you... forgive me? Guess we'll just have to go camping together, right? :)

-- May

Unknown said...

Hey isn't that a bottle I see in Mr. Schaeffer's hand? And on the beach? Damn Californians coming up here to our area and bringing their bad habits with them. Next thing you know nudity!