Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Pomegranates




Pomegranate juicing day. At our house it should be a recognized holiday - it really is quite the to-do. Kerry and I agreed, he and the kids do the juicing and I'll do the jelly-making. For some reason, even with gloves, my hands turn the most disgusting shade of purply-gray when I try to juice those buggers. But, I do make a mean jar of jelly so it's an even trade! As the kids have gotten bigger, their help has become much more substantial. Maddie and Bea really can almost handle it on their own...there are just so many pomegranates to cut and squeeze, that small hands get tired and that's when there is danger. Kerry does his best to keep the mess to a minimum - his forte - but even under his watchful eye the kids and most of the surrounding area is covered with juice. It's a good thing we live in a place that in mid-November we can be outside in shorts, and barefeet getting covered with gorgeous, sticky juice!

No comments: