Day 1 of the Schaeffers roadtrip...so far fairly smooth, except for the hour and a half we spent PARKED on the 15 N. in 108 degree weather while a big rig burned to the ground a few miles ahead of us. Aside from that delay, the drive was a little slower than our usual journey to Utah with the trailer behind us, but not too bad. We were a little worried though as we headed out from home at 4:10 am, the trainer was a little (ok, really a lot) jerky, but once we hit the open road and got up to a good speed it was fairly smooth. That was a sigh of relief! Now that we've gotten past our rocky start, the trailer has been a blast. While we were parked on the highway we went in the back & made some lunch & Truman said, "Mom, I'm so glad we're bringing a house with us"! We finally made it here to Zion around 4:30 pm and were amazed at the scenery. It is spectacular. I wish we had a way to get a picture that gave the feeling of enormousness (I"m not sure if that's a word, but looking around that's what it makes me think of!) of the cliffs and rocks here. I can't wait to get into the park to see more! I'm sure we'll have more good stories to share tomorrow, hopefully none of delay, but just of adventure, awe, and wonder!
Saturday, September 15, 2007
Trailer Fabulous
Day 1 of the Schaeffers roadtrip...so far fairly smooth, except for the hour and a half we spent PARKED on the 15 N. in 108 degree weather while a big rig burned to the ground a few miles ahead of us. Aside from that delay, the drive was a little slower than our usual journey to Utah with the trailer behind us, but not too bad. We were a little worried though as we headed out from home at 4:10 am, the trainer was a little (ok, really a lot) jerky, but once we hit the open road and got up to a good speed it was fairly smooth. That was a sigh of relief! Now that we've gotten past our rocky start, the trailer has been a blast. While we were parked on the highway we went in the back & made some lunch & Truman said, "Mom, I'm so glad we're bringing a house with us"! We finally made it here to Zion around 4:30 pm and were amazed at the scenery. It is spectacular. I wish we had a way to get a picture that gave the feeling of enormousness (I"m not sure if that's a word, but looking around that's what it makes me think of!) of the cliffs and rocks here. I can't wait to get into the park to see more! I'm sure we'll have more good stories to share tomorrow, hopefully none of delay, but just of adventure, awe, and wonder!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
OK, this is the coolest thing!! Thanks, Karen... now I get to be a Schaeffer Farms Fanatic! :)
Enjoy your trip!!
-- May
Post a Comment